Test z anglického jazyka
- I... 30 years old.
- Tom... got two cameras now.
- Where's Jack?
He ... the car.
- For starters you can have:
chicken and rice
cheese or cake
soup or salad
- In a living room there is:
- To get from a town to a small village, you can take:
- I... at 6 a.m.,... to work at 7 a.m. and... home at 6 p.m.
have got up, went, come
was get up, was go, was come
got up, went, came
- This hotel room is... and... than the other one.
more lovely, comfortabler
lovelyer, more comfortable
lovelier, more comfortable
- Yesterday I... a new film with Nicole Kidman but I also like reality shows. I... many of them on TV.
bought, have seen
byed, have seen
- I've got a terrible backache.
Drink a glass of water very slowly.
Do you want some tissues?
Do you want a painkiller?
- You can use stamps for:
- At work every month you receive:
- I... to the centre when I... my old friend in the park.
was walking, met
walked, was meeting
- She ... go out because her father has forbidden it. She ... tidy the whole house.
must, has got
mustn't, has to
has to, musts
- Match the correct modals with the correct expressions:
*vote in elections, marry after 18
*pay on public transport, watch your money
*steal, be impolite
can, should, should not
may, cannot, ought to
should not, could, could not
- Which is the correct order of the events at the airport:
board the plane, check in, land, fasten seatbelts, get off the plane
check in, land, board the plane, get off the plane, fasten seatbelts
check in, board the plane, fasten seatbelts, land, get off the plane
- They are determined, ambitious and strong. They have needed:
determination, ambition, strength
determiness, ambitioning, strongness
determinology, ambitiousness, strength
- Hang-gliding and scuba-diving belong to:
- *Don't climb that wall. You... your leg!
*Ready to order?
I... the steak with chips.
*The next train... in two minutes.
are breaking, am having, will go
will break, have, is going
are going to break, will have, goes
- *If I get my bonus at work I... round Denmark.
*If I spoke perfect English I... a better job.
*If I hadn't worked so hard I... a backache.
travel, got, would have had
will travel, would get, wouldn't have had
will travel, had got, would have
- She took the money.
Oh, she ... taken it.
- *His line's free now, caller. I'm just putting you...
*Hallo, John, hallo... - the line's gone dead. I think we've been cut...
*Sony, mum, my taxi is already here. I've got to hang ...
through, off, up
in, up, on
across, back, off
- Do you happen to have some change?
Well, I'd rather you didn't.
Actually, I don't think you're allowed to.
I'm afraid not.
- Which THREE adjectives express a NEGATIVE meaning:
narcissistic, suspicious, narrow-minded
forward-thinking, thrustworthy, lazy
egalitarian, superficial, distant
- She promised... every day.
She suggested... gardening.
me to write, to me taking up
to write to me, taking up
to me to write, me to take up
- *It will definitely happen =
*It may happen =
*It definitely won't happen =
There's no doubt that..., The changes are that..., There's no way
I'd imagine that..., I think that..., I doubt whether...
I'm certain that..., It's bound to happen, It's unlikely to happen
- Mark the opposites:
*on the surface
*at the time
deep down, in retrospect, in reality
in public, in the end, in practice
on screen, at the end, in private
- What do you complain about?
*It keeps stalling.
*The shutter keeps jamming.
*It won't work.
TV, a car, a door
a toilet, a video, a computer
a car, a camera, central heating
- *I was in stitches. =
*I nearly hit the roof. =
*I'll never live it down. =
I was embarrassed., I was stunned., I was devastated
I was speechless., It was bizarre., I felt awful.
It was hilarious., I was furious., I was embarrassed.
- Which THREE adjectives express a POSITIVE meaning when talking about films:
gripping, dated, over-rated
compelling, thought-provoking, stylish
well-received, poignant, soppy